The Member Leadership and Action Program (MLAP) was developed to encourage our members to become active leaders in workplaces, communities, and politics.
"I’ve been quiet and shy my entire life. I got involved with the MLAP program and it changed my life. Now I feel more confident speaking in front of people and sharing my thoughts." -Karen Lewis, PSW
"I joined MLAP after a colleague brought me out to RPN lobby days. I could see first-hand the strides that SEIU Healthcare is making for RPNs and for healthcare in general. I realized it wasn't just about me but the Canadian public. To be in MLAP you need to be a concerned Canadian that believes in values such as good healthcare, social justice, and a living wage. It's contangious." -Evelyn Belchior, RPN
By participating in MLAP, members have:
- Learned how government works
- Undertaken leadership training to become leaders
- Educated hundreds of city councillors, MPPs, and MPs lobbied for changes and improvements
- Knocked on thousands of doors and made thousands of phone calls to voters to elect progressive candidates that support public healthcare and frontline workers
- Formed alliances with community organizations, advocacy groups, and labour councils
- Grown the “purple army” every year by recruiting frontline members to take political action
Get involved today!
SEIU Healthcare is pleased to introduce the Leadership Academy, a new member development program designed to give you the skills and tools you need to be an effective activist, leader and voice in your workplace. And we want you to be a part of it!