What do I do if I feel unsafe or need help?

If you need help with a potential health and safety concern, here are steps for you to follow.

1. First, contact your supervisor about the problem.

Sometimes this first step is challenging, but it's an important one required by the Ontario Ministry of Labour. This is especially important if it's an accident. Your employer is not allowed to discipline you in any way for contacting your supervisor.

2. Contact the Ministry of Labour for guidance.

Ministry of Labour Health & Safety Contact Centre

3. Inform your workplace health and safety committee.

If you're not sure how to contact someone on the committee, get in touch with the union's member resource centre.

4. Contact the SEIU Healthcare member resource centre about your health and safety issue.

There are many kinds of health and safety issues that occur in our members' workplaces. If something is concerning you, we want to hear about it!

Questions? Need help?