SEIU Healthcare negotiates better wages and benefits, increased job security, safer working conditions and manageable workloads for our members.
We also contribute to healthcare policy through our work with government and other stakeholders, representing the interests and expertise of our members and the people they care for.
Our activities include
- helping members negotiate collective agreements
- assisting with member grievances, including arbitration hearings
- taking disputes to the Ontario Labour Relations Board
- protecting members from layoffs and outsourcing
- resolving Workplace Safety Insurance Board (WSIB) claims
- monitoring pay equity and pursuing pay equity settlements
- advocating for improvements to workplace health and safety laws
- hosting bargaining and education conferences
- encouraging community involvement and political action through the Member Leadership and Action Program (MLAP)
- lobbying and working with the provincial government to strengthen our public healthcare system
- running public campaigns to raise awareness about important healthcare issues